Saturday 29 September 2018

My Humble Services

Dr.Dur Muhammad Pathan
GUL HAYAT INSTITUTE EXTENDS COOPERATION TO THE INSTITUTE OF SINDHOLOGY
My association and affiliation with Sindhology is older than my literary life. When it was situated in Old Campus at Hyderabad and was put on fire, I was shocked and that incident invited my attention. Later on Eminent Scholar and First Sindhi Ph.D degree holder, Dr.Ghulam Ali Allana very kindly gave me consent for being my Research Guide for Ph.D. In those days, Sindhology was working on the Compilation of a comprehensive Bibliography of Sindh Books. My Supervisor, who was In charge of Sindhology, asked me to survey libraries of Karachi and help in covering those libraries for the task. He was my promoter and asked me to write the Biography of Moulana Obedullah Sindhi for children, and I did it.
Saaeen Dr. Ghulam Ali Allana was replaced by Madam Mehtab Akbar Rashdi as In charge Director of the Institute of Sindhology. Keeping in mind my humble services in the field of research, she very kindly hired my services for Sindhology in capacity of its Deputy Director. I joined Sindhology in 1985 and served there for five years on deputation. Kindness and cooperation of Madam Mehtab Akbar Rashdi and consent of the Vice Chancellor Mr. Mazahar-ul-Haq Siddiqui, I got sponsored Free Hand to introduce and launch a new Project known as “Preservation & Documentation of Source-Material on literature and Journalism”. Madam Mehtab Akbar Rashdi is a Kind Soul of Sindh, so he kindly encouraged me to that extent that the Corner was established in Sindhology after my name. During her tenure I provided so many Books, Journals and Photographs to Sindhology. The Correspondence made by Madam Rashdi and Saaeen Dr. Allana with me has been published on my website www.drpathan.com
In August 1990, I established Gul Hayat Institute. The experience of Sindhology was behind my efforts. My institute earned name and fame and Big Figures of Literature, Research and Education started visiting Gul Hayat. The late Dr. Baloch, my Research Supervisor Dr. Ghulam Ali Allana and Vice Chancellors of various Universities paid visit to Gul Hayat Institute. It paved way to extend cooperation with various Learned Bodies. Eminent Story-writer Mr. Shoukat Shoro was Director of the Institute of Sindhology and Mr. Mazhar-ul-Haq Siddique was the Vice-Chancellor of the Sindh University. I offered providing of Gul Hayat Holdings to the Institute of Sindhology and it was decided that Photo stat and sending material expenditure will be responsibility of the Sindhology. What I sent ? Details are given as under: 
“ Sindhi Adabi Sangat” (21 Vol, 1722 pages), “Muslim Editors’ (3 Vol, 246 pages), “ Wafatoon’ (10 Vol, 820 pages), “ Non- Muslim Editors’ (02 Vol, 191 pages), “ Shah Latif “ (04 Vol, 446), “ Literary Activities “ (15 Vol, 1288 pages), ‘ Sindh Muslim League Provincial Conference- 1938 “ (01 Vol, 60), “ Women- Rape Cases “ (01 Vol, 57 pages), “ Condemnation of Honour Killings “ (01 Vol, 52 pages), “ Women in Action “ (01 Vol, 72 pages), “ Women and Governments “ (01 Vol, 72 pages), “ Women in search of Justice “ (01 Vol, 62 pages), “ Kidnappings of women “ (01 Vol, 61 pages), “ Editorials on Women Problems “ (01 Vol, 60), ‘ Karo Kari “ (02 Vol, 152 pages), “ Rais Ghulam Muhammad Bhurgri “ (01 Vol, 167 pages), “ Old Sites “ (01 Vol, 212 pages), “ Sindhi Ithad” (01 Vol, 285 pages), “ Masjid Manzilgah Issue “ (01 Vol, 112 pages), “ Who’s Who of Writers- Profarma filled by them in their hand “ (08 Vol, 557 pages), “ Sukkur Barrage Project-Rare material “ (01 Vol, 156 pages), “ Biographies of Men of Letters “ (02 Vol, 213 pages), “ Biographies of Religious Scholars “ (01 Vol, 50 pages), “ Freedom Fighters “ (01 Vol, 64 Pages), “ Obituaries “ (01 Vol, 166 pages), “ Villages “ (01 Vol, 114), “ Minorities “ (X1 Vol, 1200 pages), “ Sindhi Journalists – Proformas filled by them” (05 Vol, 467 pages), “ Sorrows of Cities “ ( 09 Vol, 2094), “ Folklore “ (02 Vol, 319 pages), and “ Sindhi Sahit Conference-1981 “ (01 Vol, 142 pages).

No comments:

Post a Comment